The BC Grain Producers Association Research Department in Dawson Creek is seeking an individual to assist the team in conducting its field research trials for local and inter-provincial projects. This is a part-time position offering a competitive pay with the potential to go to full time during the summer.
- Seed preparation, cleaning, weighing & organizing of plots
- Site preparation, mechanical & hand maintenance of plots
- Assist in planting, assessments and harvest activities
- Assist in data collection and data entry
- Assist in the mechanical maintenance of research equipment and other shop based tasks
- Able to work well independently & in a team environment
- Able to take direction from fellow employees
- Tolerate normal nuisances associated with agriculture (dust, pollen, weather, heavy lifting, etc.)
- Able to work outdoors, handle repetitive tasks with dexterity, as work is physically demanding at times
- Agricultural experience an asset and interest in research
- Able to work extended hours during peak times
- Mechanically inclined considered an asset but not required
- Hold a valid & clean driver’s license an asset, or have transportation to and from our Dawson Creek office
- Basic computer skills
Please email cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at:
BC Grain Producers Association
401 – 114th Avenue,
Dawson Creek, BC V1G 2Z7
Application Deadline: March 30th 2018, suitable candidates may be interviewed and the position filled prior to the competition closing, competition may remain open if a suitable candidate is not found.
Start Date: as soon as practical with some flexibility
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.