The BC Grain Producers Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and connecting grain producers in BC by providing a collective voice, information and regionally relevant research. Our employees enjoy flexible hours, competitive compensation package (including benefits), a casual work environment and real opportunity to make a difference in the lives of local grain and oilseed producers. For more information on our Association, please visit www.bcgrain.com.
We are currently looking for an AGRONOMIST to join our team in FORT ST JOHN, BC. In collaboration with the General Manager and research team, the agronomist will assist in helping the Association to achieve our mandate of supporting BC grain producers. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, reliable person with a Bachelors’ Degree in Agronomy or a related field, strong communication and leadership skills, with robust knowledge of grain and oilseed crops.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Field seed bed preparations and flagging of site
- Seed cleaning, treatment and set-up of seeding envelopes
- Seeding of small plot field trials
- Operating small plot field equipment such as tractors, seeders, sprayers, combine etc.
- Taking accurate and precise agronomic notes
- Equipment calibration and maintenance
- Working with producers on farm-scale
- Implement and manage scouting procedures for weed, insect, and disease issues
- Compile, analyze and interpret data as necessary
- Assist with project budgeting and monitoring
- Working with member producers to collect and validate on farm data
Successful candidates will have:
- 3-years experience as an agronomist
- A valid class 5 drivers license
- Excellent working knowledge of Office 365 and ARM
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail resulting in consistent outcomes
- Multi-tasking and ‘out of the box’ critical thinking
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks with changing timelines
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Professional demeanour and positive attitude
- Small plot field trial experience an asset
- Some travel may be required
How to apply:
Applicants should send resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com by JANUARY 4, 2021.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted