Production Insurance Update

Grain producers are reminded that:


You Must Give a Detailed Notice Of Loss

Each time you become aware of an event that has the potential to damage the Crop (an “Event”), you must give us a notice (a “Notice of Loss”). Production Insurance must receive this Notice of Loss prior to harvest to allow adjusters to visit fields, confirm the peril and estimate the loss. If a Notice of Loss is not received by the required time, we may deny the whole claim or reduce it by an Assessment to take into account the harm caused us by your late notice.


Carryover Grain:

If you have Carryover grain, you must report it so the yield is not included with the current year’s harvest.


Contact Information:

Fort St John Ministry of Agriculture and Food: 250-787-3240 or

Dawson Creek Ministry of Agriculture and Food: 250-784-2236 or