ROASTED SHRIMP QUINOA SPRING ROLLS
Quinoa is a wonderful protein-packed substitute for rice noodles in these easy spring rolls!
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 (16-cm) rice paper wrappers
- 1 head green-leaf lettuce, leaves separated, rinsed and dried
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
FOR THE SPICY PEANUT SAUCE
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon hoisin
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- To make the dipping sauce, whisk together peanut butter, water, hoisin and Sriracha in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place shrimp onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and roast just until pink, firm and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Let cool before slicing in half lengthwise.
- Working one at a time, wet rice paper for 10 seconds and transfer to a work surface; place lettuce leaf in the center of each wrapper and top with 2 tablespoons quinoa, 3 slices of cucumber and carrot sticks each and 3 shrimp halves, cut sides down.
- Bring the bottom edge of the wrap tightly over the filling and then folding in the sides, rolling from bottom to top until the top of the sheet is reached, being careful not to tear the rice paper. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Serve immediately with spicy peanut sauce.